Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE612710
The Teach in WA team is seeking two (2) Senior Project Officers to help promote careers in education.
We currently have the following positions available:
Our team of Senior Project Officers develop, implement and evaluate projects, programs and initiatives related to the attraction and retention of our workforce.
The role of our Senior Project Officers is detailed in the attached Job Description Form. Each one of our team members works on cross-team projects and has a specific portfolio.
Our two new team members will have a specific focus to their role:
- Events - managing and delivering events to promote careers in public schools
- Presenting – delivering presentations (including webinars) to pre-service teachers and other applicants promoting teaching in a public school.
The Teach in WA team promotes a career in teaching, positions the Department as the employer of choice, and supports principals to find the right teachers at the right time.
We hold regular events and information sessions aimed at attracting teachers to choose to work in our schools, and potential teachers to consider teaching as a career.
We build relationships with preservice teachers at university during their course. We encourage them to undertake practicums in our schools and apply for jobs with us when they graduate.
Teaching opportunities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), secondary schools and regional, rural and remote locations will be a major focus for Teach in WA during the next two years.
Short listed applicants will be invited to interview during the week commencing 9 February, 2020.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of current issues, policies and best practice related to contemporary strategic human resource planning and management, including attraction and retention issues.
- Highly developed project management skills, including project planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide strategies to address issues.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team and cooperatively with others at all levels and in range of contexts.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experiencein presenting to large groups of people, and in the preparation of reports, Ministerials and briefing notes.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Joanna Rodgers, Principal Consultant by telephoning (08) 9264 5761 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 2,4 and 5, in context of the role and business needs of the Teach in WA team outlined above.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED