Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE616927
The Workforce Policy and Coordinator Branch are seeking to establish a pool of skilled and dedicated Project Support Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2020 year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 year.
The Project Support Officer you will provide administrative support and contribute to initiatives and projects relevant to the Workforce Policy branch by developing, maintaining and monitoring databases, reconcile records and analyse data information to meet reporting and operational obligations relating to the Level 3 Classroom Teacher and Senior Teacher projects effectively and efficiently.
This role will require strong communication skills to maintain working relationships within internal and external key stakeholders and clients while conducting quality assurance checks on project records to ensure client information, application processes and reporting systems are accurately maintained to ensure operational requirements and to prepare correspondence to inform applicants of the respective project’s progress and outcome.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Sound oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including telephone communication skills, ability to liaise with individuals at all levels and provide service to clients.
- Knowledge and considerable experience in the delivery of project-based administration support services.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain effective partnerships with a range of clients and stakeholders.
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills including updating website information, sound data management skills including experience and accuracy in using databases, spreadsheets, Microsoft Access and human resource information systems and in recording, analysing, interpreting and reporting on data.
- Research, case coordination, conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to use initiative to identify priorities and meet conflicting deadlines. Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Paul Heenan, Principal Consultant by telephoning (08) 9264 5568 or emailing Paul.Heenan@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED