Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP617085
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you looking to support innovation in a progressive school?
Subiaco Primary School (PS) is seeking to recruit an experienced, innovative administrator who will work closely with the administration team, staff and wider community to provide educational and digital technology leadership.
As Deputy Principal, you will develop, promote and implement strategic and operational plans, as well as promoting positive relationships between students, staff, parents and the local community. In conjunction with the administration team you will lead and manage the development of the 2020-2022 Subiaco Primary Business Plan. The Deputy Principal position is a tandem position 0.4FTE, days to be confirmed, but likely Thursdays and Fridays.
The Deputy Principal will liaise and communicate closely with the tandem Deputy Principal who works 0.6FTE. The role includes daily management and responsibility for the Digital Technologies and STEM portfolio; year 1 to 3 learning community, and management of a non-teaching technical support officer. This role has the potential to be paired with 0.2-0.6FTE specialist teaching roles in the school in Digital Technologies and Science, with the possible extension to a full time role.
You will apply your professional knowledge and understanding to lead teaching and learning in the context of authentic integration of digital learning technologies. The ability to analyse data to inform teaching and learning and strong interpersonal skills when working with parents and stakeholders is highly desirable. Through our motto ‘Our Best’ we provide the best possible education, ensuring all students develop a broad range of knowledge skills and values to adapt to a changing world.
Staff at Subiaco PS work together with parents and the community to reach common goals for our students. These include developing responsible and resilient learners, promoting leadership across all levels of staff and students, focusing on continuous improvement and celebrating our diversity.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Subiaco Primary School can be found by visiting www.subiacops.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Carolyn Press, Principal by telephoning 0411 499 887 or emailing Carolyn.Press@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 23 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.