Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS616439
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Dowerin District High School (DHS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
Education Assistants – Mainstream may work in any class from Kindergarten to Year 10, with a small group or individual students or in a generalist role in early childhood. Suitable applicants will assist teachers in the design, assessment and delivery of planned education programs, including the support of various technologies and the facilitation of individual and small group programs and demonstrations. You will create an effective, engaging and inclusive environment based on high expectations, best practice, early intervention and integrated use of information and communication technology (ICT) for learning.
Suitable applicants will be collaborative and work effectively within a team environment. They will utilise their strong written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as have the ability to support the general health and well-being of students. Suitable applicants will use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment.
An Independent Public School since 2013, Dowerin DHS is also a Regional Teacher Development School for Mathematics and Science. Enthusiastic and capable staff members at Dowerin DHS make admirable use of excellent resources and strong community links to deliver an engaging and varied curriculum in a supportive and safe environment. Classes are well equipped with Interactive whiteboards, 1:1 computer and a bank of iPads available to complement learning. The grounds of the school provide an excellent space for learning and play. Small classes, excellent behaviour and a supportive community make this a great place to teach and live.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Dowerin District High School can be found by visiting www.dowerindhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Barbara Garner, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Dowerin, by telephoning 0429 825 061 or emailing Barbara.Garner@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED