Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS616272
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Bungaree Primary School (PS) is seeking two (2) experienced and enthusiastic Education Assistants – Special Needs to join their team.
We currently have the following positions available:
- 1 x permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position
- 1 x permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position
Both positions will commence Term 1, 2020.
To be successful in this role, you will be required to assist teachers in implementing positive behaviour plans for students engaging in the School of Special Education Needs – Behaviour Program. You will need to possess the ability to work with students with special needs and provide feedback on education and specialised programs, as well as participate in the evaluation process to ensure learning outcomes are met. Effective communication skills are required, particularly with the feedback process and, under teacher direction, liaising with caregivers or parents on student progress.
Bungaree PS opened in 1969 and services the central area of the older part of Rockingham. It is located near Rockingham City Shopping Centre, and enjoys pleasant grounds and large garden, play and oval areas. The school receives support from our parent community, built on a strong tradition of community connection and involvement. Our Parents and Citizens' Association is very active and makes a highly valued and important contribution to the supportive culture of the school. Specialist areas, such as the performing arts, science, physical education and pastoral care programs, provide a major focus for our school community and are central to the school's teaching and learning program.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bungaree Primary School can be found by visiting http://bungareeps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sharon Albers-Smith, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9553 8400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the vacation period, please contact Sharon Albers-Smith, Principal, on 0409 119 985.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students are required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or equivalent), consistent with the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care, as determined by the Principal.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.