Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS616762
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Seaforth Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
As the Manager Corporate Services the successful applicant will work closely with the Principal to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the school. The successful applicant will oversee the business operations and work with the admin team to recruit, supervise and manage school support staff and have a full understanding of schools resourcing and the Student Centred Funding Model (SCFM).
The successful applicant will also have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and developing strong community relationships and links. You will demonstrate outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. You will also have outstanding analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and will work closely with the leadership of the school to respond to customer enquiries and issues.
Seaforth PS is a relatively small school situated in the suburb of Gosnells. Student numbers hover around 250 which makes for a more personalised approach. The school is unusually placed as the front of the school is well and truly embedded in suburbia but the back is surrounded by paddocks with dairy cows occasionally wandering past.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Seaforth Primary School can be found by visiting www.seaforthps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Moxey, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0412 033 268 or emailing Julie.Moxey@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 20 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.