Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS612934
Do you have what it takes to improve the learning outcomes of students with learning difficulties?
Atwell College is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistants – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, Full time and part-time vacancies which may arise from Term 2, 2020 and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within Term 2, 2020 and up to end Term 2, 2021.
Suitable applicants will work in a team environment with teacher direction, assist in the implementation of specialised education programs such as occupational therapy, speech therapy, hydrotherapy and physiotherapy programs. They will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers and digital technologies, and implement individual student or small group programs or demonstrations. They will, when required, provide feedback on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of goals in special education.
Suitable applicants will be deployed within one of the contexts across the school catering for the full spectrum of disability. The context ranges from students with high needs and multiple disabilities which are catered for within specialised learning environments and students with mild to moderate disabilities in smaller classes in general learning areas.
The range of students within mainstream classes includes those with physical disabilities such as Neuromuscular Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder, or students with a diagnosis of Severe Mental Disorder and high medical needs which require intensive support.
Atwell College has been designed to cater for all students. Our students participate in tasks which are relevant, modified or differentiated to cater for individual needs.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Further information about Atwell College can be found by visiting www.atwellcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Ashley Miragliotta, Program Coordinator, by telephoning (08) 6174 2200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role in a school setting.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (preferably one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.