Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS612638
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Are you seeking a challenging, exciting and professionally satisfying career?
Brookton District High School (DHS) is looking to appoint a dedicated, passionate and experienced School Officer.
As the very first person that greets all parents, students and community members, we are looking for a passionate Brookton person to be part of our dynamic office team. This role requires a caring, dedicated and patient person who shows initiative and drive in a busy office environment. The successful applicant will undertake reception duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. You will provide general clerical and administrative support including preparing correspondence, updating lesson attendance through INTEGRIS, helping student enquires throughout the day and attending to sick children. A current first aid certificate would be beneficial.
The successful applicant will be required to assist in managing school resources and be familiar with creditor and debtor processing. You will distribute and collect documents, forms and mail, and collect and receipt monies in accordance with Departmental procedures. You will also operate and maintain office equipment including monitoring and ordering office consumables, and input data and generate routing reports and other documents from school databases.
At Brookton DHS, we set high expectations for our students' education and well-being. The Kindergarten to Year 10 campus allows seamless transition between the phases of education from early childhood to secondary. We value an explicit teaching approach in every classroom that clearly demonstrates and reinforces the literacy and numeracy skills students need to be successful and confident in life.
Situated in the heart of the Avon Valley, we have been serving our community since 1903. Our appeal as a school rests in our strong sense of community, the values we celebrate and the commitment to realising the potential of all students in our care.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Brookton District High School can be found by visiting www.brooktondhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Darren Simpson, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Brookton, by telephoning (08) 9642 1011 or emailing Darren.Simpson@education.wa.edu.au.
During the vacation period please contact Darren Simpson, Principal, on 0417 150 227.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.