Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS611127
Fremantle Language Development Centre is seeking highly motivated and dedicated Support Officers Speech and Language to join their Outreach Team.
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 and 2021 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 and 2021 school year.
Fremantle Language Development Centre (LDC) is a school that caters for students with language difficulties from Kindergarten to Year 3 (K-3). It incorporates a State-wide Speech and Language Outreach Service for schools in the South Metropolitan and Pilbara Regions.
We are seeking highly motivated, experienced Support Officers Speech and Language. The applicants will work collaboratively with the LDC school and as part of a collaborative and coordinated Outreach team. They will support mainstream schools in the South Metropolitan and Pilbara regions to build the capabilities of early years’ educators in the area of oral language and early literacy development. This will involve consultation, delivery of professional learning (face to face and online), modelling/coaching and supporting data analysis.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to speech and/or language and learning outcomes.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor and review the delivery of professional support in language and literacy development.
- Negotiation, consultation and interpersonal skills with proven ability in working collaboratively and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of people across settings.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including effective facilitation skills and the ability to prepare professional tools.
- Well-developed research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify issues, devise plans and apply strategies to address them.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Fremantle LDC can be found by visiting www.fremantleldc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Vivienne Doig, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9312 4850 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and/or professional qualifications in a relevant area (eg Speech Pathology);
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.