Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS610288
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020.
Join a dedicated and successful team and help make a difference to the community!
East Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and compassionate Education Assistant – Special Needs to join their dedicated team.
As an Education Assistant – Special Needs you will need to possess exceptional teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills to provide support to parents, teachers and professionals.
Applicants will be required to assist in the delivery of planned education programs and the implementation of specialised, individual education programs. You will work in collaboration with teachers to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program to meet the specific needs of our students. You will have the ability to assist teachers and therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and occupational and physiotherapy programs. The successful applicant will be passionate about making a difference.
East Kalgoorlie PS is a family orientated school servicing the entire Kalgoorlie-Boulder area. The school values relationships with students, staff, parent/carers and the wider community. It actively fosters parent/carer and community involvement in the students’ education. The school focuses on the Early Years of schooling and with its wrap-around services for every student is uniquely placed to offer a highly supportive, nurturing environment. Support staff are highly valued at our school and this role requires you to work as part of a dedicated team committed to enhancing students’ learning opportunities and provides you with the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community.
East Kalgoorlie PS has been identified as a school demonstrating exemplary performance in the areas of relationships and the learning environment. We are known for our innovative approach to learning for our diverse group of young learners, which impacts positively on our students’ outcomes.
At our school we value the following:
- Thinking outside the box
- Facing challenges together
- Discovering new things
- Appreciating differences in others
Our school vision – We will make them butterfly wings.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about East Kalgoorlie Primary School please visit www.eastkalgoorlieps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Bernadette Delaney, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9068 2400 or emailing Bernadette.Delaney@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 10 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.