Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP611459
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Coastal Lakes College is seeking to appoint an outstanding instructional leader with demonstrated educational leadership skills including an ability to articulate a vision and define goals both personally and for others of an ever changing ad developing college.
To be considered for this leadership position applicants must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills including an ability to mentor, guide and advise staff and students and work collaboratively with staff, parents and students to manage student behaviour based on a positive, educative and restorative mindset. You will demonstrate the ability to develop strong relationships and an affinity with students, staff parents, and the wider college community in an open and approachable manner.
The successful applicant will demonstrate expertise and leadership in the development, implementation, and monitoring of systemic and sustainable college wide strategic plans that ensure that students have the academic skills necessary to be successful at school, at work, and in further education. It is imperative that you demonstrate an ability to recognise, promote and build the leadership capacity of staff, students, parents and the community to promote strong leadership across the broader college community.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate administrative leadership including an ability to plan strategically and establish courses of action and be educated in best instructional practices and with a demonstrated ability to establish and sustain a culture that promotes educational best practice in the team. Highly developed skills and capabilities to respond strategically to contemporary research, trends and initiatives that support the implementation of best practice will be considered in high regard, particularly in the area of Inclusive Education.
You will also demonstrate outstanding organisation and administration skills, as well as a commitment to ongoing professional learning and professional development.
Coastal Lakes College located in Lakelands, a south western suburb of Perth in the City of Mandurah, and opened in 2019 for Year 7 students. It is a new and innovative college which includes an Inclusive Education hub for students with moderate to severe and profound disabilities and will cater for students in Years 7-12 by 2024 across the college.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coastal Lakes College can be found by visiting www.coastallakescollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kya-Louise Graves, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9583 2800 or emailing Kya.Graves@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.