Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP611369
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Australind Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to employ a dedicated, innovative and effective leader who has broad knowledge and demonstrated skills in administering and leading.
Australind SHS is an Independent Public School (IPS) that is committed to hand selecting the very best staff that are the right fit for our school and community. We strive for excellence and we provide innovative professional learning opportunities for our staff so that they are the best they can possibly be.
The ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a whole-school setting, as part of the executive and senior leadership teams, are essential requirements of the role. The successful applicant will use effective change management strategies to lead the school community, continually reflecting on data and programmes, developing opportunities for engagement and improvement. They will have exemplary interpersonal skills and sound knowledge of how to support the broader school community.
It is highly desirable that applicants have experience in the case management of students selecting suitable Pathways through the range of years, timetabling, human resource management, demonstrated experience and success in operational and strategic planning and the associated actions and outcomes. Proven initiative and the flexibility to work in other areas of need, as they arise, are also expected. An understanding of contemporary student pathways planning, student and cohort monitoring and intervention along with flexible planning will be an advantage.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Australind Senior High School can be found by visiting www.australind.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Domenic Camera, Principal by telephoning (08) 9797 4400 or emailing Domenic.Camera@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements , in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager) – Yes please add this line as well
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 17 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.