Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS610710
Margaret River Senior High School (SHS) are seeking to establish a pool of talented and motivated Student Support Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
Suitable applicants will be versatile and committed to student achievement as well as being willing to commit to school community. As part of this role, you will assist with administration processes that ensures responsive and effective student support services as well as existing with the implementation of a range of school and pastoral care strategies.
Ideally, suitable applicants will need to have highly developed interpersonal skills and work well as part of a team. They will need to have well developed strategies and skills to deal with students, staff and families in a variety of situations. They will be required to implement a range of interventions, programs and initiatives that promote improved outcomes for students. This may be mentoring, counselling, conflict resolution, assisting in restoring attendance, assessing levels of risk, inter-agency linkage and case management. They will be required to maintain comprehensive records and adopt a collaborative and consultative approach at all times. The Student Support Officer may spend time interacting with students during breaks or in the classroom.
Margaret River SHS has experienced significant growth in recent years and now has an enrolment in excess of 1000 students. There is strong community support for the school, where parents and the local community actively assist in school activities.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide a professional, confidential service to a range of clients.
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- experience in the use of computerised management information systems including database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- effective organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support with the ability to manage conflicting timelines.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Margaret SHS can be found by visiting www.margaretrivershs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Andrew Host, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Margaret River, by telephoning (08) 9757 0700 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.