Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS610111
This is a three (3) month fixed term, part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020.
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Calingiri Primary School (PS) is looking to appoint a diligent and enthusiastic Education Assistant – Mainstream to join our dedicated team.
As the successful applicant, you will be highly competent, experienced and passionate with a commitment to maximising student learning outcomes. Ideally, you will have sound teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills in a recent and relevant educational environment that will demonstrate your capacity to assist the teacher with the delivery of planned education programs, including but not limited to, the Zones of Regulation and Jolly Phonics. You will also be required to demonstrate an ability to structure learning activities to support children with needs.
Calingiri PS is a Level 3 school and is part of the Wheatbelt Education Region. The staff are experienced and amiable and keen to work with a ‘like-minded’ person who shares their passion for providing quality public school education in a collaborative, nurturing environment, underpinned by clearly articulated values and with a focus on respectful practices. Applicants must be prepared to support the work of the wider school community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Calingiri PS be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Scott George, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Calingiri, by telephoning (08) 9628 7030 or emailing Scott.George@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students are required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or equivalent), consistent with the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care, as determined by the Principal.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.