Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS609415
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension (6 months) and/or permanency.
ARE YOU LOOKING TO BE A PART OF A FUN, VIBRANT AND COLLABORATIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT?
If so, Cunderdin District High School (CDHS) is seeking a seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
As an Independent Public School (IPS) we have high expectations of our staff and students, which is captured within our school motto ‘strive to be your best’. We pride ourselves on our ‘country’ values and enjoy making a difference to the lives of the students at CDHS. You will need to be interested in nurturing the whole child and have a strong dedication and passion for driving a focus on continual improvement for all students’.
The Manager Corporate Services manages the school’s financial, physical and human resources and supervises all school support staff and administers and reports on the financial integrity of the school's business operations, and provides input into financial planning and budgeting as well as the administration and reporting of the diverse funding entities for which the school is responsible.
We are seeking a collaborative and proactive team member who has excellent interpersonal skills. You will be required to engage and build productive and positive working relationships with students, parents, colleagues and the Cunderdin community to strive towards achieving our vision and values as outlined in our ‘Business Plan 2018-2020’.
We are committed to excellence and the relentless pursuit to 'strive to be your best'. We have dedicated and reflective teachers and support staff who are responsive to the needs of our children. Our staff have high expectations and are innovative in their teaching practices.
We have a beautiful learning environment that instils a sense of ownership from our staff and students. CDHS is situated in the Wheatbelt, a short 160km east of Perth and 60km east of Northam. Cunderdin is a small vibrant community with great amenities that provides opportunities for individuals to experience all that country life has to offer.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cunderdin District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Hayley Taylor, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning (08) 9635 3300 or emailing Principal.Cunderdin.DHS@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to three (3) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.