Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS610092
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Do you have a green thumb and like being part of a team working outdoors?
Belmont Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Gardener- Handyperson to join our friendly team.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school gardens in a clean and tidy condition, along with providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe, vibrant and clean school environment.
The successful applicant will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping and turf management. You will be expected to perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested using safe work practices and in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Ideally, you will possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work unsupervised, but also as part of a team. The successful applicant should have an excellent working knowledge of gardening machinery and reticulation, along with a passion for gardening and be involved in planning to enhance the school grounds and general environment.
Belmont PS is located on the busy Great Eastern Highway, and is the first school to be seen by visitors coming from the airport. The school is on public view and the establishment of attractive school grounds will leave an impression as people drive past. The P&C are actively involved in establishing a Nature Garden, along with staff establishment of vegetable gardens, and the gardener will work with the school community to assist in both of these programs.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Belmont PS please visit www.belmontps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Pani Fitzpatrick, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6216 1800 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Pani Fitzpatrick, Manager Corporate Services on (08) 6216 1800 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 December 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED