Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS612055
Ashburton Drive Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of hard working Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
As a cleaner you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Ashburton Drive (PS) is located in the south eastern metropolitan suburb of Gosnells. The school has a staffing allocation of a Principal, two Deputy Principals, 26 teachers and support staff members such as education assistants, school officer, cleaners and a gardener/handyperson.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Ashburton Drive Primary School please visit www.ashburtondriveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Deanne Tabone, Manager Corporate Service by telephoning (08) 9490 1113 or emailing Deanne.Tabone@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 December 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.