Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS606959
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus is seeking to appoint a committed and talented Workplace Learning and Student Support Officer to join their friendly team.
As the Workplace Learning and Student Support Officer your role will be to coordinate the establishment and operations of the school’s Workplace Learning program, including establishing new work placements. You will be responsible for the undertaking of training, induction and monitoring of students in the program. In addition, assist students’ transition into viable post-school pathways through Secondary Graduation or out of school programs.
Cyril Jackson Senior Campus offers a wide range of Year 11 and 12 courses. We have students ranging from 16 year olds working towards graduation to mature age students who are here following their interests. However, most of our students are between 16 to 25 years. Our student population is stable at 500/600. Cyril Jackson offers an alternative to students who wish to study senior school courses in an adult environment with an ethos of strong support. We pride ourselves on our ability to accommodate difference, our flexibility and our commitment to innovation. Students who attend campus come from all over the metropolitan area. We also offer an on-line programme. We consider ourselves to be a multi-racial, multi-age, multi-opportunity campus.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- skills and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that transition students from school to employment.
- well developed written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports.
- well developed oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels, facilitate school/industry partnerships and work in a collaborative team environment.
- well developed organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cyril Jackson Senior Campus can be found by visiting www.cyriljackson.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Vanessa Buemi VET/Curriculum Coordinator by telephoning (08) 9413 4712 or emailing Vanessa.Buemi@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.