Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS609647
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
The suitable applicants should ideally demonstrate a focus on teamwork, self-motivation and initiative as well as model effective customer service, administrative support and service delivery in order to assist the college in meeting its corporate and strategic business goals. They should have excellent communication and organisational skills.
The Business Support Officer role at Atwell College has a strong focus on both finance and human resource management. Knowledge of departmental policies in Finance and Human Resources as well as awards and agreements, merit selection, performance management, (Recruitment Management Advertising System) RAMS and (Human Resource Management Information System) HRMIS, RM Finance, RM Billing, Assets and EOM procedures will be well regarded. The position will also provide support to the Manager Corporate Services in financial management of the college's business operations and systems as well as assist with the administration of the schools facilities and organisation of staff. The successful applicant will need to be able to prioritise tasks effectively, work well under pressure and have a strong knowledge of Microsoft suite products including microsoft excel.
As an Independent Public School, Atwell College is a vibrant community where lasting and collaborative partnerships are being developed. With enthusiastic and resilient staff who are focused on the students, parents and teachers; who work collaboratively and are well supported by the school's leadership team, the Parents' and Citizens' Association and the School Board. Every individual has a shared voice in the life of the school. The college campus is contemporary and offers modern facilities for its staff and students.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- well developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Atwell College can be found by visiting http://www.atwellcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Fiona Wilson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6174 2200 or emailing Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.