Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS610334
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Cascade Primary School is seeking an experience, enthusiastic and innovative Manager Corporate Services to join their team.
As the Manager Corporate Services you will work closely with the Principal to manage the day-to-day financial, physical and human resources aspects of the school’s business operations. You will provide operational input to the development of the financial aspects of the school’s business and marketing plans and monitor the school’s performance against the plans. To be successful in this role, you will ensure that effective financial administration of the school’s business operations ids delivered, including financial processing and reporting to ensure achievement of the school’s strategic and corporate financial objectives. The successful applicant will also provide effective human resource management of the school support staff including monitoring and management of staff leave entitlements to ensure accrued leave is cleared within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with the relevant awards, agreements and Departmental policy.
The successful applicant will have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders, and developing strong community relationships. They will demonstrate outstanding analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills. Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential to this role as the successful applicant will work closely with the leadership of the school to respond to customer enquiries and issues.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- relevant financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cascade Primary School can be found by visiting or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Merrill Ridgley, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cascade, by telephoning (08) 9079 2061 or emailing Merrill.Ridgley@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 12th December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.