This is a twelve (12) months fixed term full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible 12 month extension and or/ permanency
Geraldton Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an experienced Finance Officer with exceptional financial and analytical skills to join their team.
The successful applicant will have strong knowledge of upper school fees, charges and contributions as well as a strong financial background to enable processing of day to day and monthly finances. It is highly desirable for applicants to possess knowledge of RM Finance and RM Billing and be able to complete the monthly expenditure transactions including EFT, BPAY and purchase cards for the school and assisting in aspects of end of month processes including bank reconciliation and report analysis. The position requires a candidate who possesses strong organisational and time management skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure, and an eye for detail and high level of accuracy. An understanding of cash and accrual accounting principles will be well regarded.
Located next to the city centre in a parkland environment the school is one of the architectural highlights of Geraldton. The school caters for Years 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12 and runs a diverse range of academic, vocational, social and service programs for around 836+ students.
The total school staff is over one hundred. More than seventy are teachers, while forty are employed in a wide variety of curriculum and support roles. Geraldton is seen as a desirable teaching location and the staff is highly experienced and motivated.
Students attending the school come from Geraldton and its suburbs, plus surrounding towns and farming properties. The student population represents the multicultural nature of Geraldton with many from Aboriginal or Cocos Island communities. Students are able to board at the school's residential college. The school is served by an extensive local bus service.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- financial management skills, with the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- well developed organisational skills, including the ability to work with minimum supervision, identify priorities and meet deadlines.
- well developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and liaise with individuals at all levels.
- well developed computer skills including the ability to create, operate, extract reports and manipulate databases, spreadsheets and systems.
- well developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply innovative thinking in problem solving.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Geraldton SHS can be found by visiting www.geraldtonshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Christine Collins for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 9965 8413 or emailing Christine.Collins@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to five (2 to 5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two to four (2 to 4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 12.00pm (WST) on Friday, 13 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.