Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS608738
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Lynwood Senior High School is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
Suitable applicants should be able to demonstrate attention to detail, meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. Suitable applicants will model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. Suitable applicants would have the skills to competently work independently without supervision or direction in this role with an excellent focus on team work.
Strong organisational skills and ability to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment are highly advantegous. Suitable applicants will have ability in using computers and a range of application software packages in particular databases, spreadsheets and word processing. Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns is also required. The successful applicant will be dynamic, self-motivated and highly efficient in order to provide high level administrative support and ensure the effective operation of the school office.
Lynwood Senior High School opened in 1974 and became an Independent Public School in 2012. The school won the WA Education Awards Secondary School of the Year in 2018 after being a finalist in 2015. ACARA statistics 2018 indicate an ICSEA of 977 (Band 6), with around 55% students with Language Background Other Than English (LBOTE), a 4% indigenous population and over 60 different nationalities represented at the school. The school’s diversity and respect for difference is a feature, enabling our students to become positive, resilient and confident about their futures.
An Intensive English Centre (IEC) supports the development of language skills for students new to Australia.
As the successful candidate will be working in the IEC, they will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including the ability to support non English parents and guardians of students through the usual school administrative procedures, including all aspects of the enrolment process.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lynwood Senior High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Cecilia Douglas, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9354 0600 or emailing Cecilia.Douglas@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 17 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.