Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE611368
Integration Build and Deployment is seeking to establish a pool of Systems Officer for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2019 school year and up to the end of 2020 year, Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2019 school year, up to the end of 2020 year.
The School and Business Systems team manages the administration, support and development for a large, diverse portfolio of critical applications used within the Department.
The successful candidate will work with an experienced development team to deliver business assistance and support services to customers and client agencies, supporting the implementation of changes and enhancements to these applications.
With a proven background in supporting business applications, you will provide exceptional and professional customer service to stakeholders. As part of a busy team, you will be involved in delivering a variety of ad-hoc changes to 80+ bespoke (predominately Java–based) applications.
Familiarity with Agile practices is advantageous but not essential.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Support and facilitate delivery of application enhancements, assisting with the engagement with key contractors and other stakeholders.
- Change management – ensure compliance with the departmental change methodology framework.
- Documentation – review and maintenance of system documentation using Confluence. Definition and documentation of key Department processes using ProMapp.
- Asset management – manage acquisition of new software and hardware. Maintain the asset register; coordinate/audit software license purchases, including their replacement and decommissioning.
- Regression testing – identify and document key test scenarios using Zephyr.
- Web accessibility – benchmark and document compliance to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Sound skills and experience in the use and administration of large and complex corporate systems.
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to deliver agreed results in a timely, efficient and customer-focused manner.
- Sound ability to provide client support and assistance through the development of online training and communication materials, including the ability to develop standard system operating procedures and documentation and to deliver system training, workshops or presentations.
- Sound ability to achieve outcomes and deliver quality products and services consistent with Department and school needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Sound interpersonal and verbal communication skills to undertake consultation, collaboration, negotiation and build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound written communication skills, including experience in contributing to reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Anthony Yip, Team Lead (School Information Systems), by telephoning (08) 9264 4422 or emailing Anthony.Yip@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
All applications are submitted online. Simply select “Apply for Job”, located at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1, 4, 5 and 7, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED