Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP610771
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Are you a 21st century leader committed to improving outcomes for students?
Woodvale Secondary College (WSC) is seeking an innovative and forward thinking Associate Principal- Strategy and Performance- to lead and manage change in a large, growing independent Public School.
Your skills and comprehensive experience that are sought by the College include:
- Positive influencer and negotiator
- Collaborative and outstanding leadership qualities
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Outstanding change leadership and management
- Delivering critical financial obligations.
The position will suit an experienced school leader looking for a rewarding role working in a highly successful school which seeks to capitalise on the opportunity provided by concluding one business plan and planning for another.
The successful applicant will demonstrate innovative, high level and proven ability and skills in working collaboratively to improve, embed and achieve desired partnerships, protocols and outcomes. In this position, you will lead discussions in collaboration with the executive and leadership teams (as well as key stakeholders) to develop and deliver bold, innovative and creative solutions for our College that align to our mission and values. Your outstanding proven experience and ability to influence, shape and deliver on contemporary thinking as well as managing and delivering innovative and visionary solutions is essential. You will be a significant change agent both leading and managing comprehensive change in a large and complex organisation.
The successful applicant will be required to communicate the vision of the College and secondary programs while also embracing the College’s commitment to ongoing improvement. This includes overall responsibility for the College timetable and staffing. She or he will be a spokesperson and ambassador for the College, at times representing the principal, and regularly interacting with all members of the College and wider community.
Woodvale SC is at the forefront of the use of technology in public schools. The successful applicant will have well developed Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills and the capacity to work collegially in a very busy team environment.
The College’s goal is to strive for excellence based on reflective use of student data, strong community links and a whole College focus on teaching and learning. Reporting to key stakeholders on College progress against our student improvement targets and priorities is a key element of an Associate Principal’s portfolio. Our College vision and values are reflected in our commitment to working together with our College community to provide an innovative and caring learning environment where each student is given the opportunity to develop academic rigour and to achieve personal excellence.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Further information about Woodvale Secondary College can be found by visiting www.woodvale.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Lea Fairfoul-Hutcheon, Principal by telephoning (08) 93090812 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to six (6) pages addressing the work related requirements in the context of the role and business needs of the College
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.