Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA609975
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Are you looking for a rewarding challenge?
East Kimberley College (formally Kununurra District High School) is seeking to appoint a Program Coordinator to the Follow the Dream (FTD) Program. The successful applicant will provide educational leadership that will inspire Aboriginal students to aspire in their educational journey as well as towards opportunities for their personal growth.
Increasing the profile of the FTD Program within the school and community, building strong and connected relationships with students, staff, parents/carers and community and providing expert advice and support in implementing programs, plans, strategies and whole school approaches for improving student outcomes, aligned to the Aboriginal Cultural Standards Framework, will be the key roles of the Coordinator. Demonstrated experience in these roles is desirable.
Along with the day to day management of the program, the FTD Coordinator will be required to case manage individual students in the areas of academic acceleration, aspirational support such as subject/course selection, career and transition support, behaviour management and pastoral care.
East Kimberley College is located on a large, well maintained and attractive site in the centre of Kununurra. In 2013 a $50 million building program was completed which resulted in extensive new classrooms and resources becoming available across both the primary and secondary areas. This now means that students have access to the most modern of facilities to support their learning, despite being a large distance from a major centre.
Our school promotes family involvement and actively encourages parents to participate in school activities. We recognise the importance of engaging with the parents of young children early in their school life and operate a parent meeting room in partnership with the Wunan Foundation where parents can engage in informal activities in a non-threatening environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices, particularly relating to Aboriginal students and their communities.
- Extensive skills and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating learning programs and strategies at a school, region or system level.
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership that builds capacity, deals effectively with change and generates innovative solutions related to achieving educational outcomes.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to conduct research, prepare reports and establish effective working relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve planned outcomes.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about East Kimberley College can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kate Wilson, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9168 4400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to ten (10) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED