Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE602778
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Teaching and Learning Services - Statewide Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Administrative Assistant in the Road Safety and Drug Education branch.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the work unit, including basic research, process incoming and outgoing correspondence, action routine and less complex matters by drafting responses and preparing basic reports. The successful applicant will maintain an effective correspondence filing system for corporate information and records relating to projects, initiatives, committees and other activities. You will provide support to meetings, including preparing and distributing agendas and minutes of meetings and following up on actions where required.
The successful applicant will manage incoming telephone calls, visitor enquiries, diary/calendar appointments, meetings, emails and other communications whilst providing event management support, including promoting events, preparing workshop materials and organising venue hire, catering, travel and accommodation as required. You will assist in maintaining the road safety and drug education website, as well as monitoring and purchasing office resources, including stocktake and inventory management.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in general administrative duties.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Sound organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kerry O'Hare, Manager, by telephoning (08) 9402 6414 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED