Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS609524
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Governor Stirling Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Placements can be made from the pool at any time for commencements up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
Suitable applicants will undertake reception duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. They will provide general clerical and administrative support including preparing correspondence, newsletters, notices and other materials. They will distribute and collect documents, forms and mail, and collect and receipt monies in accordance with Departmental procedures. They will operate and maintain office equipment including monitoring and ordering office consumables, and input data and generate routing reports and other documents from school databases.
Governor Stirling SHS, situated on the banks of the Swan River in Woodbridge, is one of the premier schools in Western Australia. Founded in 1959, the school has a rich history of student success and achievement in both the sporting and academic arenas. The new school with state-of-the-art facilities opened in 2013. Our school caters for students of varying abilities offering the Gifted and Talented academic program, full range of academic and Vocational Education Training (VET) programs and Approved Specialist Programs in Engineering, Arts media and AFL Football.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Governor Stirling SHS can be found by visiting www.govo.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Frank Cavicchio, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6274 0300 or emailing Frank.Cavicchio@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2)work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 December 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.