Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS610150
The School Officer is the first point of contact in our front office and will provide a caring approach to all visitors, staff and students. In this role, you will be required to be an active listener and be able to have effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ideally, the successful applicant has had experience in a school context and has a high level of understanding around department processes.
The suitable applicants will be highly motivated, have well developed interpersonal skills and be able to use their initiative. As the successful applicant you would be required to support the Manager Corporate Services in the management of school facilities, assets and resources, as well as assist with routine staff recruitment and induction processes. Ideally, you would perform all tasks with a high level of accuracy whilst demonstrating excellent time management and organisational skills.
As Tom Price Senior High School is a small high school it provides the opportunity to form positive relationships with students and staff. Tom Price provides a great location for staff wanting to be part of the community, either sporting or in a voluntary way.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about can be found by visiting www.tompriceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Barb O’Neill, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Tom Price, by telephoning (08) 9143 8100 or emailing Barbara.Oneill@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy •
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.