Please note: Closing date has been amended to the Thursday, 12 December 2019
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605127
Karratha Primary School (PS) is seeking two (2) dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistants – Mainstream to join their friendly team.
We currently have the following positions available:
For Permanent tenure only
- (1) one – permanent part-time (0.7FTE) position
- (1) one– permanent part-time (0.53FTE) position
The successful applicants will, under teacher direction, assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers; and, under teacher direction, implement individual or small group programs or demonstrations. They will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources, for use in classes, displays and demonstration, and assisting the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. They will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities and on school excursion.
Ideally the successful applicants will be flexible to work around timetables and school events. In addition be self-directed with good time management skills and a willingness to collaborate and work with others.
Karratha PS is an Independent Public School proud of its tradition of meeting the educational needs of Karratha students for over four decades. It was the first school to be built in Karratha, providing the newly established town with primary education facilities for the increasing number of families moving into the area. The school was built in partnership with Hamersley Iron Pty Ltd and the Education Department in 1970; with the first students enrolling in 1971. The school moved into newly built premises in 2011.
Karratha PS is an inclusive school with specialist Education Support facilities providing educational services for all our students from Kindergarten through to Year 6. Our comprehensive learning programs are developed to ensure all students have an ongoing opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to achieve their academic potential. Our Positive Behaviour Support approach and the Kidsmatter framework enable us to consider the needs of our students in the priority areas of behaviour, and health and wellbeing. We have specialist teachers for Physical Education, The Arts and Learning Support. Student Services include a School Nurse, School Psychologist, Chaplain, Dental Therapy Unit and School Canteen. Additional agency support is accessed for students with additional needs. The Principal, three Deputy Principals and a Manager, Corporate Services administer a school team of approximately 50 staff. The School Board and P&C Committee are actively involved in the school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Karratha Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Karen Lombardo, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Karratha, by telephoning (08) 9187 6300 or emailing Karen.Lombardo@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Education Assistants working with Kindergarten Students are required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or equivalent), consistent with the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care, as determined by the Principal.
- Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 12 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.