Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS608924
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4 FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you a passionate, innovative and strategic professional leader who wants to make a positive difference to lead a new school?
Yulga Jinna Remote Community School (RCS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join their team in the role of Off-Site Manager Corporate Services (MCS). Previous experience in the role Off-Site Manager of Corporate Services working in a fully Indigenous remote school context would be an advantage.
We are looking for an applicant with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who is a leader in corporate, human resource and financial management. These skills will see you negotiate effectively and build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels. Demonstrated experience in the strategic leadership and maintenance of a large and complex organisation is highly desirable.
As an integral part of the school’s leadership team you should be a strategic thinker, with the desire to make a real difference to the whole school community through innovation, leadership and excellence in the development of corporate business systems and service provision.
Utilising your outstanding financial management skills and strategic leadership, you will be responsible for the development and deployment of physical and financial resources in delivering services for the school community. Modelling your exemplary leadership, professionalism and commitment to exceptional customer service, you and your team will significantly contribute to student outcomes and a positive experience for all who connect with the organisation.
Yulga Jinna RCS opened in 2003. Yulga Jinna is a relatively new small Aboriginal community in the Murchison Region established 15 years ago. There is a strong sense of culture in the community and all educational programs are culturally sensitive and teaching and learning reflects the needs of the community and students. 100% of the student population is Aboriginal. The multi-age group ranges from Kindergarten through to Year 9. Yulga Jinna RCS is located 140km northwest of Meekatharra which is its closest town.
Yulga Jinna Community is a closed family community with no available housing to people outside the community. The successful applicant must be either a community member or a partner of a teacher/principal living in the community. This is very important as there is absolutely no housing available to people not already living in the community. The nearest town in Meekatharra which is 140km one way.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Relevant financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yulga Jinna Remote Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Anne Shipway, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Yulga Jinna Remote Community, by telephoning (08) 9981 2200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 06 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.