Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS609366
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Phoenix Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated, capable and experienced School Officer to join their collaborative team.
The successful applicant will enjoy working in a busy multicultural school which is an integral part of the local community. Phoenix PS is constantly working to engage with their community through a broad range of communication strategies.
As the first point of contact you will use your communication and interpersonal skills to respond to queries from a range of stakeholders, as well as building and maintaining effective working relationships. The successful applicant will create and publish a range of school materials, including website maintenance and newsletter creation. You will undertake student related activities such as providing relevant information to parents, all enrolment documentation and administer the operation of school databases, records and management information systems.
To be successful, it is highly desirable that you demonstrate organisational skills, attention to detail in delivering and prioritising tasks in a fast paced working environment together with highly developed interpersonal skills using your initiative.
As the School Officer you will be using a range of computer software packages, such as Word, Excel, Integris, Assets, Billing, RM Finance, Outreach, Passtab, HRMIS and RAMS, as such it would be highly desirable that you be competent with these packages.
The successful applicant will support the Manager Corporate Services with front office administrative duties as well as administering the financial resources of the school including receipting of monies, invoice processing, banking, assisting with end of month procedures and ensuring data integrity. As School Officer, you will assist with the management of school assets including assistance with the administration of out of hours use of school facilities, coordinating and negotiating maintenance and repairs and maintaining key registers and security system codes.
At Phoenix PS we strive to create a positive, happy and rewarding school experience for all staff, students and the community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and/or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Phoenix Primary School can be found by visiting www.phoenixps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Carol Birch, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9414 2100 or emailing Carol.Birch@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 5 December 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.