Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA610335
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Denmark Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an outstanding educator to the position Program Coordinator Student Services. The applicant will be a proactive, dynamic and committed professional who can provide leadership in the school and community by promoting the school vision and values. They will have a strong case management approach with exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to manage their time and prioritise, keep accurate records and the ability to analyse data to inform interventions and future practice.
The Program Coordinator of Student Services will be student and relationship focused and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively within a team environment. They would have responsibility for whole school programs including specific pastoral care programs and take an active leadership role in establishing whole school culture and in supporting students in the areas of resiliency and wellbeing through targeted initiatives. Liaison with families and carers to support the health and wellbeing of students is a large part of this role. Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships with training providers, external program providers and support agencies is desirable.
A proven ability to engage in innovative and differentiated curriculum along with highly effective classroom management skills is also a key requirement of this role. As Program Coordinator you will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on students in relation to (but not limited to), attendance, behaviour and wellbeing, Students at Educational Risk (in conjunction with the Learning Support Coordinator) across Years 7 to 12.
As a member of the School Leadership Team, you will contribute to the implementation of the school’s current Business Plan and the development in 2020 of the school’s new Business Plan through participative decision making whilst promoting the school’s vision and strategic directions.
Denmark SHS is located in one of the most scenic towns in Western Australia, Denmark SHS was built on its present location in 2000. The school is positioned on 19 hectares of land bordering the Denmark River. Denmark SHS has modern, aesthetically designed facilities that cater for students from Years 7 to 12. There are approximately 440 students in our school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Denmark Senior High School can be found by visiting www.denmarkshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Trevor Henderson, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9848 0100 or emailing Principal.Denmark.HS@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements [optional to select specific WRR], in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 5 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.