Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS608726
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Central Midlands Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and dedicated Home Economics Assistant.
The role of the Home Economics Assistant will include assisting the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, assisting with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, undertaking regular cleaning activities as directed and assisting the teacher with the care and supervision of students. Computer literacy would be highly desirable.
As the Home Economics Assistant you will have a proactive, positive approach to your role and will be able to work well autonomously as well as part of a team. You will be able to prioritise tasks well, demonstrate initiative and will be highly organised and efficient.
Central Midlands (SHS) is a small, friendly Wheatbelt school located approximately mid-way between Perth and Geraldton. With the assistance of SIDE and TAFE, Central Midlands SHS is able to offer its culturally diverse student population a wide range of subjects to meet their academic needs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact withstudents, parents and teaching professionals.
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Central Midlands Senior High School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Charlee Borinelli, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9653 9200 or emailing Charlee.Borinelli@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include;
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINEPROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.