Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS610086
We are seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
Education assistants are highly valued and are asked to support the teaching and learning of students by working under teacher direction to deliver planned education programs. As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will work alongside the teacher to create a safe and caring environment to promote the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students.
Suitable applicants will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations and will assist the teacher with the clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. Suitable applicants will ideally have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, as well as possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group based programs.
Queens Park Primary School, an Independent Public School, is a small, friendly school with a student population of approximately 225 Kindergarten to Year 6 students from a diverse range of backgrounds. Centrally located between Welshpool Road and the Armadale Rail Line and approximately ten kilometres from the CBD, Queens Park PS was established in 1905 in a nearby community hall. It was relocated to its present site in 1906. The staff are dedicated, compassionate professionals with a balance of experienced and graduate teachers. Support and teaching staff are committed to providing an educational program that is relevant to the individual learning needs of all students.
Since becoming an Independent Public School in 2015, we have introduced a strong music program, continued with a strong focus in Oral Language and have begun the implementation of Digital Technologies including coding and robotics. In 2017, Queens Park Primary School is participating in NAPLAN online after two years of trials.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Queens Park Primary School can be found by visiting www.queensparkps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Susannah Nolan, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9458 2837 or emailing Susannah.Nolan@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A (three) 3 page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to (four) 4 pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for (two) 2 work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 4 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.