Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP609961
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4 FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible twelve (12) month extension and/or permanency
Wilson Park Primary School (PS) is seeking a dynamic, innovative and inspiring Deputy Principal to join our team.
The Deputy Principal will possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work collaboratively in a professional learning community. In collaboration with the Principal, and members of the administrative and teaching team, the Deputy Principal provides educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision. This role will require you to support staff to improve their technology skills and provide Professional Learning on how to implement ICT as a teaching tool and to assist with behaviour management to support the smooth running of the school.
It is highly desirable that the applicant have the following skill set and ability to lead curriculum in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), modelling to staff and upskilling staff in ICT, has a deep knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and how to record and analyse the data. This role will require mentoring teachers to improve their performance and have a high skill in teaching extension classes in STEM and science. Providing professional learning for staff in Office 365, Robotics, Connect, can provide Professional Learning in data analysis and can conduct effective Performance Management with Support Staff.
Wilson Park PS is small and has a collaborative environment with a rich tradition and history of serving the Collie community for 60 years and our students have a strong sense of belonging and pride in their school. We are all affectionately known as 'Parkies' and we respect, support and care for each other. In our commitment to student success we provide a strong focus on targeted learning programs and supportive pastoral care.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wilson Park Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Christine Gorman, Principal by telephoning (08) 9735 9300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 10 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.