Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS609127
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Carson Street School seeks a Conductor to work in our Conductive Education (CE) classes. This is a fixed term 12-month contract to support work on the implementation of CE in a high school setting. Only candidates that are graduates of an internationally recognised Conductive Education Teaching University will be considered. Experience working with primary school aged children is desired.
Carson Street School is the state’s only Education Support Primary School, and it educates early childhood and primary aged students with moderate, severe and profound multiple disabilities often with comorbid medical conditions and sensory impairments. Almost half the student cohort has a severe physical disability or motor disorders. All have communication difficulties; most are non-speaking. All students require highly differentiated curriculum, specialist teaching and learning programs, assistive technology and extensive adult support to access their learning programs and to provide daily living requirements.
Early Intervention Programs, including Conductive Education, are highly effective due to the expertise of our staff, the quality of the learning opportunities and the way we work with other professionals and parents. Our specialist Conductive Education program attracts enrolments from across the metropolitan area. All staff at Carson Street are recruited for their specialist knowledge, experience and skills in special needs education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- The ability to develop, implement and review Conductive Education programs to increase the learning outcomes of students with a variety of motor impairments and a range of associated difficulties.
- Knowledge of latest trends and research in the field of Conductive Education and related areas.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports, Conductive Education policies and educational programs and deliver professional development.
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify issues, develop plans and strategies and implement innovative solutions to address complex problems.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to both collaborate within a trans-disciplinary Conductive Education team and function autonomously, working with a range of people across educational and community settings.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information Carson Street School can be found by visiting www.carsonst.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Peter Salleo Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9361 7500 or emailing Peter.Salleo1@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- An up to five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a Qualified Conductor Status (QCS) qualification from an internationally recognised Conductive Education Teaching establishment
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement · complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 5 December 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.