Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS606086
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Are you able to make the school shine?
South Perth Primary School (PS) is looking for a Cleaner to keep the school maintained according to all health and cleaning standards.
Applicant needs to have a sound knowledge of cleaning products, machinery and the use of chemical products. The suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and rubbish removal. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas.
South Perth PS is an Independent Public School and is one of the oldest school in the Metro area, established in 1898.
The school focuses on the development of the whole child with quality education programs that provide students with opportunities to optimise their academic, social, emotional, creative and physical skills. Our Vision is to inspire young minds to create and pursue possibilities.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about South Perth Primary School please visit www.southperthps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Jan Emmett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9367 2652 or emailing Jan.Emmett@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed by emailing it to Jan.Emmett@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 November 2019
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED