Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS582785
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Have you the talent to connect our students to the right workplace for a rewarding on the job learning experience?
Wanneroo Secondary College (SC) is an Independent Public School looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly competent Western Workplace Learning (WWL) Coordinator, based at the Joondalup Campus. The WWL Coordinator is responsible for direct supervision and coordination of a team of five (5) WWL staff members and oversees the placement of approximately 1,200 students from seven (7) high schools into Workplace Learning (ADWPL) throughout the year. Oversight of the WWL Program is by the Steering Committee, composed of Principals from the seven (7) high schools.
As WWL Coordinator, you will coordinate the WWL Program and provide advice, information and support to students, parents and staff at the seven schools on matters relating to workplace learning. The successful applicant will source suitable work placement sites for participating schools, ensuring work site suitability check and insurance paperwork for students are completed and coordinate the induction of new work sites into the Workplace Learning program.
The successful applicant will organise training sessions for students as required and monitor student progress in their workplace. In addition you will coordinate presentations by the team to parents and students on information nights at each school. You will also prepare correspondence and reports related to WWL, including placement paperwork and develop Memorandums of Understanding in collaboration with the Steering Committee Chairperson and School Coordinators. The successful applicant will establish and maintain effective communication networks and working relationships with participating schools and industries.
As a staff member of Wanneroo SC you will be part of a highly committed team with an ongoing commitment to strongly support academic success for all students as well as a commitment to student welfare.
The education program at Wanneroo SC is built around our vision of Star in your Future - 'Dream, Believe, Learn and Succeed'. A safe environment is fostered in which each student can develop and staff work closely with parents to support and encourage their child to become a responsible citizen. The school ethos supports and enhances the values of the home. The progress of every student is closely monitored and a diverse range of excellent programs and initiatives are in place to ensure students can acquire the skills necessary to maximise their talents and potential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable skills and experience in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that transition students from school to employment.
- Well developed written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports.
- Highly developed oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels and facilitate school/industry partnerships.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wanneroo Secondary College can be found by visiting www.wanneroosc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Gail Bennett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9206 6555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 November 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.