Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP604220
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension.
Kalamunda Senior High School (SHS) are seeking an experienced, strategic and forward thinking leader to work closely with the Principal and executive team at the school as it begins its fourth IPS Business Planning cycle and as a school which is inclusive, innovative, high achieving and connected.
As Associate Principal of Senior School, you will be responsible for leading the Senior School along with a whole school focus on High Performance. You will work collaboratively with the Head of Senior School to support student academic success and student wellbeing in Years 10 to 12.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with staff, students, parents and the wider community. They will be an instructional leader, with sound curriculum knowledge and understanding of change management in a school context. They will be able to effectively lead and manage staff in developing a culture of high care and performance for all students, with high level capacity and professional knowledge to manage in accordance with statutory requirements and policy frameworks in an educational environment. To be successful in this role, the Associate Principal will be a creative, strategic and innovative leader, who strives for excellence.
Kalamunda SHS has an enviable reputation developed over 59 years of providing a quality education to all students. The school is proud of its outstanding achievement in the Gifted and Talented Visual Arts program which is complemented by excellence in academic achievement, languages (three), a specialist program in Outdoor Education and newly established school based Performing Arts program.
The school offers a welcoming, positive and supportive environment for all students. There is a strong student services team including a Manager, Heads of Middle and Senior Schools, Chaplain, Nurse, School Psychologist and Year Coordinators. The school also provides differentiated support for students’ academic needs through an Academic Excellence Program and Learning Centre for students with literacy, numeracy or specific learning needs.
Drawing on the hills and surrounding suburbs, the school has proud traditions and a strong sense of community stretching across three generations. Many parents attended Kalamunda, as did their grandparents. Graduates have gone on to excel and take on leadership roles in their chosen fields - notably the arts, medicine, dentistry, engineering, Olympic representation, journalism, entertainment and the public service.
The school lives and breathes its values of Community, Respect, Resilience, Pride and a Love of Learning and is committed to its purpose of developing life-long learners who can realise their full potential. A school wide pedagogy which is engaging, relevant, collaborative and reflective underpins teaching and learning at the school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalamunda Senior High School can be found by visiting www.kalamundashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Helen Deacon, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9293 6400 or emailing Helen.Deacon@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.