Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA605637
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Baldivis Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Program Coordinator - Senior School who has a proven ability to work closely with students, colleagues and the broader community to implement and monitor a range of strategic and targeted interventions which guarantees that senior students are able to maximise their post school opportunities and achieve success in their chosen academic pathway.
As the Program Coordinator - Senior School, you will work collaboratively with the Principal, members of the Executive Team and the wider school community to provide educational leadership in promoting the school's vision and strategic directions. Specifically, the Senior School Manager will work closely with the Deputy Principals in coordinating whole school processes, school operations and resource allocation across the Senior School.
The successful applicant will have highly developed instructional and curriculum leadership skills and be inspirational in providing support to teachers and students in extracting the very best from our senior students. They will possess a high level of emotional intelligence and be results focused in ensuring safe and supportive learning environments across the senior school.
The coordination of the selection processes for senior school programs and courses; the monitoring of student performance, behaviour attitude and effort and Good Standing requirements across Years 10 to 12 in collaboration with Year Coordinators will be key responsibilities for the successful applicant. A sound understanding of School Curriculum and Standards Authority compliance requirements including assessment, reporting, moderation and certification will be critical in fulfilling the role, as will the capacity to engage with all students, irrespective of their academic standing and post school aspirations.
As a member of the Baldivis SC family, you will be expected to be highly collaborative in working with colleagues and highly committed to your own ongoing professional growth and development.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baldivis Secondary College can be found by visiting www.baldivissc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Keith Svendsen Principal by telephoning (08) 9523 3600 or emailing Keith.Svendsen@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 November 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.