Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS606380
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2019
Can you make our school sparkle?
Eaton Community College (CC) is seeking to employ an Assistant Cleaner in Charge to join their friendly team.
The Assistant Cleaner in Charge assists the Cleaner in Charge in organising and supervising the cleaning staff, opening and locking the school which includes the security alarm system. You will liaise with the Cleaner in Charge and Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters.
A primary responsibility of this role is to conduct scheduled meetings to provide regular updates and communication on school and cleaning matters.
The College site is adjacent to the Glen Huon Primary School and close to community facilities such as the Eaton Fair shopping centre, Dardanup Shire Offices and a community oval, placing it in the heart of the Eaton Community. The site contains significant wetlands of two hectares that form the focal point of the buildings, as well as spacious, well landscaped gardens and lawns that provide a beautiful and healthy environment for active, growing students.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Eaton Community College please visit www.eatoncc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or download the relevant attachment below.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Kane Mack, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Eaton, by telephoning (08) 9796 7000 or emailing Kane.Mack@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit Eaton Community College Reception during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:00am and 4.00pm) to collect an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED