Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS606193
Ashdale Secondary College (SC) are seeking to establish a pool of Laboratory Technicians for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 and 2021 school years. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 and 2021 school years.
The suitable applicants will be highly motivated and possess the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as independently, to assist with the efficient operation of the Science Learning Area. You will be responsible for preparing chemicals, equipment and materials, designing and constructing teaching aids and collecting and caring for living organisms in compliance with chemical, physical and biological laboratory practices and legislative requirements. Ideally, you will organise preparation areas and classroom laboratories to ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, and undertake general housekeeping of chemicals, equipment (including repairs and maintenance), ordering supplies/equipment and assisting with stock management tasks. You will also be expected to liaise with Science teachers to determine scientific product needs in relation to experiments and identifying future purchase requirements of science equipment.
As an Independent Public School, Ashdale SC is part of a cluster of schools with Ashdale Primary School, Landsdale Primary School, Madeley Primary School and Carnaby Rise Primary School. Being part of the collaborative partnership between the schools we have developed a shared identity assisted by geographical proximity and a strong sense of being an inclusive community. It is essential that successful applicants embrace this cluster approach and the opportunities it provides to work in collaboration with colleagues in each of the schools.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience working within a science laboratory, including knowledge of laboratory techniques and relevant safety and legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of science subjects relevant to the curriculum taught in secondary schools and the ability to design and construct experiments and equipment to support curriculum requirements
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organisational and time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ashdale SC can be found by visiting www.ashdalesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Hannah James, HOLA Science, by telephoning (08) 9302 7100 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20th November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.