Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605359
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Glen Forrest Primary School is seeking to appoint an engaging and dedicated School Officer to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial, physical and human resources of the school whilst upholding confidentiality and security of sensitive material. You will provide assistance to other members of the school administration team with maintaining school databases, records and management information systems to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date, along with general word processing tasks.
As the School Officer you are the first point of contact, the successful applicant will have a customer focus, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and be professionally presented. Ideally you will have a high level of Information Computer Technology (ICT) competency and be able to display a commitment to building positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community.
At Glen Forrest Primary School our vision is to develop a teaching and learning environment that provides innovative and contemporary teaching practices, to enable all of our students to reach their individual potential and be healthy and supported. We were first established in 1891 under the name Smiths Mill and then renamed in 1897 as Glen Forrest Primary School. We cater for almost 200 local families and have close binds to our community, educating local students for over 125 years.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Glen Forrest Primary School can be found by visiting www.glenforrestps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Kym Delle Coste, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9298 8202 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday 22 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.