Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA607020
Please be advised as of 9AM on 12 November 2019 the content of this advertisement was updated in regards to the responsibilites of the position.
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency.
Denmark Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint an outstanding educator to the position Program Coordinator, specifically Teaching and Learning.
The successful candidate will have the experience to provide strong direction and leadership in supporting best practice in teaching and learning for students and teachers. We are seeking an individual with outstanding interpersonal skills to lead, coach, mentor and develop staff; support students and parents; and the ability to lead their staff within an empowered school culture to lead and manage sustainable change towards improving staff performance in relation to effective teaching and instructional practice. As a member of the School Leadership Team, you will contribute to the implementation of the school’s current Business Plan and the development in 2020 of the school’s new Business Plan through participative decision making whilst promoting the school’s vision and strategic directions.
The successful applicant will have Line Management responsibility of the Mathematics and Physical Education Learning Areas and must demonstrate the capacity to develop, implement and evaluate policies, plans and programs catering for a diverse group of students. You will also be responsible for embedding a Professional Learning Community within the Mathematics and PE Learning Areas by way of instructional leadership, classroom observations, feedback, data analysis and formative assessment practices. Applicants with experience teaching mathematics to Year 12 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) students will be highly regarded.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience as a leader and possess an excellent understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements in both the lower school and senior school contexts. As the successful applicant you will be able to initiate reflective performance development discussions with staff based on a comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and provide guidance to the Mathematics and PE staff to ensure consistent high level curriculum delivery and compliance with school and SCSA requirements. You will also require the demonstrated capacity to lead and evaluate moderation activities that ensure consistent and comparable judgements of student learning to meet curriculum and school or system requirements.
Denmark SHS is located in one of the most scenic towns in Western Australia, Denmark SHS was built on its present location in 2000. The school is positioned on 19 hectares of land bordering the Denmark River. Denmark SHS has modern, aesthetically designed facilities that cater for students from Years 7 to 12. There are approximately 400 students in our school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Denmark Senior High School can be found by visiting http://www.denmarkshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Trevor Henderson, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9848 0100 or emailing Principal.Denmark.HS@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements , in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.