Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS604918
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2019
Laverton School is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join their team in the role of Gardener - Handyperson. As the successful applicant you will have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy working to provide a suitable growing environment for soft and hard landscaping.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and presenting our school grounds in a clean and tidy condition. We are seeking to appoint an applicant with effective communication skills to maintain accurate gardening records and provide advice to the Business Manager on school grounds maintenance. To be successful as Gardener - Handyperson you will be confident in performing minor repairs and perform all duties using safe work practices.
Laverton School is a Remote Teaching Service School and is located in the mining community of Laverton, 960km north east of Perth and 345km north east of the regional centre of Kalgoorlie. The present population of the town is approximately 350 a significant proportion of whom are transient - moving between Kalgoorlie, Mt Margaret, Leonora, Laverton and communities in the Ngaanyatjarra Lands.
Laverton School has approximately 105 students with 80 percent of the population being of Aboriginal descent ranging from K-12 and has developed a Senior Schooling Program that involves students undertaking studies using the Schools of Isolated and Distance Education. The school has two annexes attached, Mulga Queen Community which is located 140 kilometres north of Laverton along the Bandya Station Road and Cosmo Newberry Community which is 90km north east of Laverton along the Great Central Road.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Laverton School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Nicole Baldomero, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Laverton, by telephoning (08) 9092 0358 or emailing Nicole.Baldomero@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.30pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.