Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE604669
This is a permanent full-time position commencing December, 2019.
The Early Childhood Education, Literacy and Numeracy - Statewide Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed State Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) Coordinator in the Early Childhood Education branch.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the strategic and operational AEDC project implementation, management, and communication to key stakeholders. They will lead implementation of the census in WA across each three-year cycle. Other responsibilities will be to provide policy advice to WA education sectors, other government departments, non-government agencies, and the broader community. In addition, promote use of the AEDC to inform services and activity to improve young children's development in Western Australia.
As the successful applicant you will possess leadership skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. We are seeking applicants with strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to understand data, and unpack what the data means for a wide range of audiences. In addition, project development and implementation skills, including budget management and strong written skills, with the ability to write reports and briefings would be highly advantageous.
Please note: Interstate and intra-state travel is an aspect of this position.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate, negotiate and provide consultancy advice and professional learning on the AEDC program.
- High-level project management skills with a proven ability to plan and coordinate initiatives and projects in a complex environment.
- Conceptual, analytical skills with a proven ability to identify, provide advice and generate appropriate strategies and solutions.
- High-level written communication skills including experience in preparing reports, briefings, project plans and general correspondence.
- Extensive skills and experience in undertaking data collection, mapping and analysis.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Kinkade, Manager Early Childhood Education by telephoning (08) 62062064 or emailing Robyn.Kinkade@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED