Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS604241
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Newman Primary School (PS) is seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their team.
As Library Officer you will provide general clerical and library support, including preparing correspondence and booking equipment and facilities. You will also assist in maintaining the resources and environment of the school library to support the learning outcomes of students.
Applicants will deal with inquiries and guide students in locating library resources and information. As required, you will direct and coordinate the activities of library volunteers.
Newman PS is a vibrant learning community that is located in the Pilbara town of Newman. We are an Independent Public School, enabling localised planning and decision making to improve the outcomes for all students. Students and staff are expected to work together to achieve personal excellence in all they do.
Catering for students in Kindergarten – Year 6, the school has a commitment to creating a positive and supportive environment for our students, both in and out of the classroom. This is a school where student excellence and success is nurtured, self- esteem is reinforced and everyone works together towards achieving shared goals.
Our positive and challenging teaching programs allow all students to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become confident learners in the 21st Century. We are proud of our reputation in offering a diverse range of subjects including health, media, the Arts and Physical Education which are taught by specialist teachers. In addition to traditional learning programs, Newman PS offers programs that seek to develop important social and emotional attributes of all students.
Newman PS is characterised by a strong culture of mutual respect and personal responsibility. Our actions and conduct is guided by the four aspects of the Newman PS code- cooperation, respect, responsibility and safety.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Newman Primary School can be found by visiting www.newmanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Linda Chalk, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Newman, by telephoning (08) 9143 8100 or emailing Linda.Chalk@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 25 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.