Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS605681
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020.
Hollywood Primary School (HPS) is seeking an enthusiastic School Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will need to be an enthusiastic and motivated team member with a high level of verbal and written communication skills. The ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing is highly advantageous. School experience is essential, particularly Integris, ClassDojo, Office 365 suite, Message You and RM Billing.
The successful applicant will assist and support families when transitioning and arriving from the Ronald McDonald House and the Crawford Lodge. This may include assisting with enrolment, uniform and day to day school enquiries. This will also include liaising with Ronald McDonald House and the Crawford Lodge on any special medical arrangements.
Hollywood PS is an Independent Public School catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Education is highly valued by our school community and this is reflected in the strong tradition of consistently high attendance. Our student population has steadily risen over the years and we now educate approximately 360 students.
Our school has an experienced and loyal staff committed to continually updating their skills and knowledge and is supported by a competent and hard-working support staff. The leadership team works to ensure our students are provided with the very best education possible.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hollywood Primary School can be found by visiting www.hollywoodps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Fiona Mcbeath, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9386 2343 or emailing Fiona.Mcbeath@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.