Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS607202
Are you seeking an exciting and new opportunity to contribute to and shape the future of young people?
Yanchep Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of Student Support Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
As a Student Support Officer you will assist with administrative processes that ensure a responsive and effective student support service. You will work with the Student Services team to assist in developing and introducing systems and intervention strategies which provide a responsive and effective support service for students, their families and staff. You will need to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and possess the ability to develop supportive links between the student, the family, the College and other appropriate agencies in the community. You will need to be reliable and flexible whilst providing support and effective assistance as part of the student services team.
Yanchep SC is a new school which commenced operation at the start of 2018 in a state of the art facility in Yanchep. The school caters for students from Years 7 to 12 and the school is an independent public school with a key focus on integrating technology in the classroom. Our school has specialist teachers, a challenging curriculum that inspires excellence, and many options and pathways for students to succeed, including university, further training or employment.
Our focus on the whole student ensures that our school, staff and community works together to develop young adults who engage meaningfully with their local community, are prepared for the challenges of working in the 21st century, and help to make Yanchep a great place to live. This will be achieved through a student centred approach in the teaching and learning, a comprehensive range of student support services, and a focus on students volunteering and engaging within the school and local community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- Effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing prioritises within timelines.
- Good research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students experiencing difficulties.
- Knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep Secondary College can be found by visiting www.yanchepsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Carolyn Butler, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9562 8000 or emailing Carolyn.Butler2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include: [red highlighted areas are optional]
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.