Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS603479
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Swan View Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a Marketing and Media Officer to join their friendly team.
The Marketing and Media Officer is responsible for coordinating promotional events and managing public relations, marketing and communications for the school including Premier and Parliamentary Officer visits and parent/student information sessions. The Marketing and Media Officer will also keep the school website current, and research current trends and manage web design.
The successful applicant should ideally have excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work in both a team environment, particularly within the Executive team, and autonomously. It is highly desirable for the successful applicant to be well organised and able to work under pressure with high accuracy, combined with the ability to use their initiative and prioritise tasks to meet conflicting deadlines.
Swan View SHS is a school that is going from strength to strength. Opening in 1977 the school has a long and proud history with traditions that continue to be upheld today. The school has an ethos that builds a strong learning relationship between staff and students, without a doubt our schools greatest strength is the care we have for each other. Individual student strengths and interests are fostered through the array of specialist programs that the school has on offer.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in assisting with coordination of events and marketing activities and associated financial management and budgeting requirements.
- Initiative and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
- Well-developed computer application skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Swan View SHS can be found by visiting www.svshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bronwyn Jacobson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 9294 0100 or emailing Bronwyn.Jacobson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 15 November 2019
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.